October 28, 2013

It was a weekend of autumn bliss, from pumpkin tea and spice cake, to scary corn mazes and adorable kittens.  Got to spend some quality time with the family and ate far too many molasses cookies.



I managed to do a sketch a day, a habit which I'm hoping will last throughout the month.  I'm warming up to Photoshop, even if I only use it to douse my pen and ink sketch in "watercolor" effect.








Today was gorgeous, if a little cold.  I've been dying to go take pictures of the fall colors and today I happened to discover Palouse Street, a street lined with gorgeous old homes, some of them very decorated for Halloween.  Clearly, I'm slightly obsessed with HDR.  I am not sure if that is a good thing, but I love the way the colors and textures absolutely pop in this hyper-reality.