December 31, 2013

6 Resolutions to Fall in Love with Your Life

I love this quote from Hurston because it is so true...I feel like the last couple years have all been questions for me and I'm ready to start finding some answers.  As Kristen Hedges says, "I think that one of the most positively beautiful things that can happen to a person is for them to fall in love with their own life – with the good, and the bad, all at once."

New Years brings out the idealist in me. I love making goals and lists so it's easy for me to over-do my resolution making. Sometimes I make too many goals to the point where it is hard to remember and focus on each one. But in 2014 I'm going to focus on smaller things so I can fall in love with my own life.

let go of something
Whether it's material or emotional, try to let go of clutter. Stop obsessing about stuff on Facebook, donate to Goodwill, finish that project that's been on your to-do list for months.
drink more water
according to national geographic, hydration equals happiness. Your health plays such a crucial part in your happiness, and instead of making the classic weight loss goal, just try something little like drinking more water, eating more greens, or taking better care of your skin.
less screen time
I would like to spend less time watching tv and more time working on creative things, reading books, or taking the time to exercise, go outside, or take pictures.
write something
Journaling has always been a big part of my life, but I would like to be more consistent. Writing is a big part of the "letting go" resolution as well.  I am realizing that I have the worst memory in the world so I'm hoping that regular blogging and journaling will help me remember all the little moments that make life great.
wake up earlier
Another way to keep happy is to get up before you absolutely have to.  By giving yourself a little extra time in the mornings you can really focus on preparing for the day and de-stressing before it starts. 
remember birthdays
This one may sound kind of silly, but I know it means a lot to me when people take time to specifically remember me.  Relationships are so crucial to staying happy and emotionally healthy, so taking time to add birthdays into your calendar could make a huge difference to both you, and the person you're celebrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!