May 20, 2014

Bucketfeet: Artist Competition

I recently learned about Bucketfeet, a company that makes shoes based on art submitted by artists! Pretty cool stuff. Their goal is to connect artists through a unique medium:
"Art was not meant to hang in an expensive gallery, but to travel and be seen. Every shoe is designed by a different artist, which means you get a shoe as individual and unique as you are."

After some thinking, I decided to do a map for my submitted design. I thought it would be clever to have a map on a shoe. Not that it would help with directions, but the map was really fun to draw and since Radiant Orchid is the Pantone color of 2014, obviously it had to be purple!

Here is the map illustration I did for the #nextbucketfeetartist competition and I am now one of the Top 15 Finalists!


If you want to go vote for my shoe, head over here and click Vote Now!
The other designs are pretty cool too and you can see all fifteen finalists right here.
The winner will be announced June 1!