July 11, 2014

Blog Makeover and Celebration


Hooray for Fridays and getting things accomplished...like this blog makeover I've been procrastinating over for months! Branding is ridiculously hard for a perfectionist- I rethink everything. And then I spend hours trying to figure out tiny details like how to center the social media icons (they're still crooked), how to put the date below the post title (two hours of HTML and it's still on top), and how to get rid of that enormous white space between photos (it's still there). But I really like the direction it's going: a little rustic glam. It felt so good to finally settle on a look I liked that I finally sat down and did this drawing that I've been wanting to do forever. Hopefully, not having this blog makeover hanging over me will free up my creative space for more art! This week brought some pretty amazing changes in my freelancing career and for the first time since graduating I feel like I am where I want to be, I'm doing what I want to be doing, and everything I dreamed of happening might just work out. I hope you all have an amazing weekend. I will be taking a lettering class which I am completely thrilled about! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!