September 27, 2014

So This Is 25


Yesterday was my birthday. I've never been a fan of birthdays...they remind me of the time that is flying by too fast. I actually do feel older on this birthday. I can still call myself part of the twenty-somethings, but I'm heading into late twenties, a time when society starts expecting you to sit up straight and take the reigns of adulthood. My parents were 25 when I was born. That single fact blows my mind; as I struggle with simplest of tasks like setting up internet and getting my fridge fixed they were embracing parenthood. The turning of a new year makes you take a step back and observe the contents of your life. I may not be where I thought I'd be at 25. There are people who aren't as present in my life as they once were and maybe there is a reason for that, but it's going to take some getting used to. This year I've really come to appreciate the people who have remained close to me and continue to support me through everything. Honestly, most of 24 was still spent feeling direction-less until this summer when I started writing for Brit + Co. All of a sudden a life of freelancing opened up to me and I was the happiest I'd been in a long time. If 24 was a year of finding my purpose, then 25 will be a year of pursuing that purpose to the utmost. This year of 25 will focus on making freelancing a reality. At the end of this year I hope to able to call myself a freelancing writer. I want to practice 15 minutes of creativity a day, keep better track of where my money is going and put at least two more stamps in my passport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!