October 8, 2014

When All Else Fails Add Font

I've had the most beautiful vision for a bright colorful floral bouquet painted with free spirited, effortless brushstrokes thick with paint in a festive fall palette. However, I've been torturing this painting for a week now and I finally accepted that it is just not going to get any better. I blame my lack of white paint.  It is such an annoying feeling to "give up" on a piece of art, even if it is as silly as a little flower sketch! I just went from feeling so positive about the piece I did with the girl in a crown to feeling to depressed and irritated at this dumb bouquet. I'm not sure if I should take this as a sign that I should only be drawing things I am good at! Stick to beautiful girls, they turn out better than petals. Nevertheless, I am posting the bouquet so I can move on. Maybe at a better time I will retry the elusive paint strokes I was aiming for, but until then I choose to cover up said disaster with a classic white border and some text. Ah, the life of an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!