December 13, 2014

Journal// Weekly Faves

It's the weekend and my Christmas break has officially begun!  This week I've been:


inspired by: this holiday gif by the illustrator Rebecca Mock. I just discovered her work and love this little holiday piece of gift wrapping with your- wait for it- kitty!

reading: The Happiness of Pursuit

listening to: All My Bells are Ringing by Lenka. Plus all the other Christmas playlists I can find.

drinking: Earl Gray tea. I've developed a naughty habit of adding sweetened condensed milk and a dash of vanilla to my earl gray tea and it tastes just like the Starbucks earl gray lattes...so good.

making: Dark Molasses Gingerbread Cake. This was my first baking adventure in my little apartment. Pretty sure I spent an hour at the grocery store trying to find all the ingredients and then translating English into American. Did you know "treacle" is molasses? Neither did I.

hanging out at: Black Sheep Coffee. Because this is the first place I've been where the baristas actually smile at you. I think it's because most of them are from New Zealand. I don't even put my earbuds in because I love just listening to them talk. Also they have a real Christmas tree set up. What more could you want from a coffee place?

feeling: so excited that my family will soon be here to celebrate Christmas with me here in London!

Let me know what you've been loving this week! I hope you all had a festive week and have a wonderful weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!